What is orofacial myology?
Orofacial Myology is the retraining of the oral and facial muscles through a neuro-muscular program.
it is also known as Myofunctional Therapy.
Normal muscle function and normal resting postures of the oral areas are essential for facial and dental development as well as breathing.
Would it be of benefit to me?
There are many indications for treatment:
- Improve strength of lips and tongue, especially with drooling and other behaviours
- To promote nose breathing and eliminate mouth breathing. Often they is liaison with an ENT
- To eliminate patterns of non-nutritive sucking, e.g. thumbsucking, dummies, sucking on clothes. lip licking
- To re-establish normal swallowing patterns
- To improve airway for sleep
- To assist with TMJ dysfunction
If you think this may be you, Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah was trained under Sandra Coulson from the United States. For more information go to www.thecoulsoninstitute.com
She has a holistic focus drawing on her extensive voice and bodywork background to ensure best outcomes.
Sarah is a Member of the Australian Association of Orofacial Myology